KONTAKT 6 v6.1.0 WiN MAC
P2P | 11 May 2019 | WiN: 561 MB | MAC: 1.02 GB
With KONTAKT 6, you can sound like a snare drum, a symphony orchestra, or anything in between, from a universe of sampled instruments. It’s a simple sampler when you want it to be, and a deep sonic scripting laboratory when you need something more. The next generation of the world’s favorite sampling platform gives you new instruments and new features under the hood – so you can layer, link, stretch, and shape your sounds any way you can imagine.
Over two decades, KONTAKT has become a highly-developed engine for creating and playing sampled instruments. KONTAKT 6 offers more for players and builders alike:
– Introducing KONTAKT Play Series: Three new instruments for the KONTAKT library, offering pristine, contemporary sound in a creative and streamlined interface
– Wavetable synthesis module: Build hybrid instruments for entirely new sounds
– Enhanced effects: Even more effects for your creations, for greater expression and realism
– Creator Tools: New standalone application dedicated to improving the library creation and editing process.
THREE NEW INSTRUMENTS
KONTAKT 6 introduces the KONTAKT Play Series: Sonically rich sample libraries that combine powerful sound design with simple playability. Each offers eight intelligently mapped macro knobs giving you a wide-sweeping, intuitive range of control. They all showcase KONTAKT’s new wavetable module, each offering two blendable sound sources and a unique take on a speciality style.
Iconic 20th century hardware synthesizers captured with an intricate level of detail, and creatively processed with seminal outboard effects. This hybrid analog/digital instrument utilizes blendable sound sources to deliver a modern take on classic electro and synthwave, which have seen a resurgence in recent cinema.
Hybrid organic/electronic instrument that takes myriad acoustic instruments from around the world, and combines it with digital synthesis, organic foley layers, and effects processing. The result fuses traditional and digital, with basses, strings (bowed and plucked), wind instruments, tuned percussion, bells/metals, pads/drones, leads, and textural ambiences.
A contemporary, creative, and ultimately new take on keys and piano sounds. HYBRID KEYS moves away from conventional sampling processes and instead focuses on inventive techniques such as re-amping, creative mic positioning in interesting spaces, and vari-speed experiments with tape.
NEW FEATURES FOR BUILDERS
KONTAKT has long since grown beyond its origins as a software sampler, and now provides a solid foundation for building advanced sample-based instruments. We’ve been supporting this platform, and the people who use it, with continuous updates to KONTAKT 5, and KONTAKT 6 builds on this strategy with some big additions for you builders out there.
– Replika Delay: Based on the dedicated Native Instruments plug-in REPLIKA XT, it offers multiple delay modes, each with a vastly different sound character.
– Room Reverb: A new high-quality algorithmic room reverb that offers options for real time modulation.
– Hall Reverb: Another high-quality algorithmic reverb, tuned for hall sounds.
– Plate Reverb: Emulates a plate reverberator for for classic vintage metallic sounds.
– Cry Wah: Wah-wah effect module, based on the most popular wah pedal of all time.
The latest version of KONTAKT adds wavetable synthesis to the ever expanding KONTAKT toolset. All three of the new Play Series instruments incorporate this new module, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you create with this powerful new building block.
Creator Tools is a standalone application designed to improve the workflows of library builders and instrument creators. It consists of two elements: A Debugger, for identifying and fixing problems in KONTAKT script, and an Instrument Editor, which can load and run Lua scripts to automap samples, duplicate and batch rename groups, and copy settings from one part of an instrument to another.
Kontakt 6.1.0 – 2019-05-08
– ADDED There is a new wavetable mode (Inharmonic) that stretches the partials away from the harmonic series for more bell-like tones
– ADDED KSP: Kontakt can now import whole performance views as NCKP files (that can be made with Creator Tools) through the new load_performance_view() command
– ADDED KSP: A new UI control container has been added (ui_panel)
– ADDED Kontakt now automatically picks up changes in the following subfolders of the resource container: scripts & performance_view; editing and saving any of those files results in an instant – update of the related Kontakt instrument without the need to reset the engine via the panic (!) button in the header
– ADDED KSP: The Retrigger button on modulators can now be controlled via KSP ($CONTROL_PAR_INTMOD_RETRIGGER)
– ADDED KSP: The waveform display now has two new drawing modes ($CONTROL_PAR_WF_VIS_MODE, with $NI_WF_VIS_MODE_1, $NI_WF_VIS_MODE_2 & $NI_WF_VIS_MODE_3 as potential values)
– FIXED Slices from imported REX files would not be recognized
– FIXED The labels for the Lo Shelf and Hi Damp controls in the Plate Reverb were inverted
– FIXED KSP: There were some missing getters for newly added control parameters around custom fonts (e.g. $CONTROL_PAR_FONT_TYPE_ON_HOVER)
– FIXED KSP: There were some missing getters for $CONTROL_PAR_TEXT for certain controls
– FIXED Zone volume changes from the Creator Tools Instrument Editor were not predictable when higher values were used
– FIXED Sorting of files in the Library tab wouldn’t be predictable on APFS disks
– FIXED KSP: search() would not work on ui_tables
– FIXED Host automation would break for ui_switch elements in many cases
– FIXED It was possible to set the delay time for Replika to values that would cause instabilities
– FIXED Kontakt would crash when loading certain 3rd party products (like those in the Shreddage 3 series)
– FIXED Kontakt would crash or hang when attempting to change note mapping on GGD Matt Halpern Signature Pack
– FIXED The wavetable oscillator would sound “darker” on certain pitches
– FIXED KSP: Color settings for level meters would not take effect if applied outside the init callback
– FIXED KSP: The hide state of ui_file_selector appeared to be wrong when queried via get_control_par()
– FIXED The group source mode parameter is no longer saved in snapshots; snapshots saved with older versions are recalled as they always did
– FIXED Kontakt would crash when pressing the End key in the File Browser (Windows only)
– FIXED KSP: In certain cases, the wavetable display UI widget would not be displayed on first load of an instrument
– KNOWN ISSUE KSP: In certain cases, the ui_file_selector element reverts to its base path, forgetting the last selected file
Creator Tools 1.1.0:
– ADDED GUI Designer: A new tool that enables the declaration and editing of full performance views without the need to write KSP
– ADDED GUI Designer: Individual controls can be exported and imported for cross-project use
– ADDED GUI Designer: A test instrument can now be found in the Factory Content folder next to the Creator Tools application
– ADDED GUI Designer: The new engine parameter for the waveform display (drawing mode) is now also available here
– ADDED Error messages are now more informative
– ADDED GUI Designer: It is now possible to drag and drop NCKP files from the OS to the GUI Designer to open them
– ADDED Instrument Editor: It is now possible to drag and drop LUA files from the OS to the Instrument Editor to open them
– ADDED All info boxes and context menus now include key shortcuts where relevant
– CHANGED The Quick Tour is now updated to reflect the changes in v1.1.0
KONTAKT 6 v6.1.0 WiN MAC