FXPansion VST to RTAS Adapter v2.1.1 WiN MAC
Team AMPLiFY | 11.11.2007 | 13.54 MB
Version 2 of our award winning VST to RTAS Adapter is the easiest and best way to enable your VST effects plugins and VST Instruments in Pro Tools 7.x and 8.x TDM, LE and M-Powered. VST to RTAS Adapter seamlessly and transparently integrates your VST plug-ins in to Pro Tools, and offers full compatibility with the VST plug-in standard and Pro Tools 7.x and 8.x. The adapter uses virtually no CPU power or memory and makes a vast range of free and commercial VST plug-ins (over 1,000 available at the last count) available directly within Pro Tools, exactly as if they were native RTAS plug-ins. It’s incredibly easy to use, and available at an affordable price as a direct, instant download from our on-line store.
Supported Pro Tools versions
- Pro Tools 7.x, 8.x (M-powered, LE and TDM systems)
- Pro Tools 9.x
- Pro Tools 10.x
Pro Tools 6.x users
It is possible to use v1.x of the adapter for Pro Tools 6.x. Purchasers of v2.x also receive access to v1.x.
VST to RTAS Adapter and Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8
For the adapter to work in 10.7 and 10.8, it is necessary to set permissions on the /Library/Application Support folder so that it is possible to read and write its contents. If it is read-only (this is the default on 10.7 and 10.8), the adapter cannot function.
The current compatibility status of the adapter is that it works for VST2.3 plugins and many VST2.4 plugins. In cases of incompatibility, it is possible for the plugin vendor to update their software for compatibility with the adapter with minimal effort. The Adapter supports all VST2 features such as sample-accurate timing, parameter automation, automatic tempo synchronization, easy preset browsing and FXB/FXP support.
All VST 2.3 plugins are supported, while many VST 2.4 plugins also function. In cases of incompatibility, it is possible for the plugin vendor to update their software for compatibility with the adapter with minimal effort.
The following situations are supported:
- “OS X Carbon” and “OS X Mach-O” VST plug-ins on OS X / PPC
- Windows VST plug-ins on Windows
- “OS X Intel” plug-ins on OS X / x86.
The following situations are not supported:
- Mac OS 9 VST plugins – the VST plugins must be written for Windows XP (or later) for Windows operation or Mac OSX 10.4.x (or later) for Mac operation
- Mac PowerPC-only plugins (non-universal binary) on Macs with Intel CPUs
- Mac Intel-only plugins (non-universal binary) on PowerPC Macs
- The Adapter cannot convert RTAS plugins to VST format
- The Adapter cannot allow you to use Windows plugins on a Mac
- The Adapter cannot allow you to use Mac plugins on a Windows PC
FXPansion VST to RTAS Adapter v2.1.1 WiN MAC OSX UB PPC-AMPLiFY