CATARACT v1.1 AU VST WiN MAC
CATARACT v1.1 WiN MAC
P2P | 07 NOVEMBER 2014 | WiN+MAC: 633 MB
Cataract is a Segment Multiplexer plugin geared toward electronic music production and experimental sound design. Cataract features an arsenal of sample scanners with integrated modulation sequencers and morphing functions. This makes it possible to construct architecturally complex patterns ranging from nuanced percussive articulations to intricate particle sound effects and all out generative hyper glitch chaos. Infinitely transform your audio files with Cataract’s extensive randomization and modulation options. Warp pitched samples into parallax melodies or redistribute loop segments into generative polyrhythms. Whether you are sculpting articulate percussion patterns for an electronic music EP or designing high-tech cyborg effects for a sci-fi game, Cataract will give your projects a unique cutting-edge twist.
Cataract features a dynamic, color-coded user interface that simplifies navigation and streamlines functionality. One of the plugin’s highlights is the ability to step-sequence nearly every parameter, making it possible to coordinate extremely expressive and detailed patterns. Synchronize tightly with your hosts’s clock, use your MIDI keyboard to improvise complex pattern variations in real time, or sequence precise parameter changes from within your favorite DAW. You can even utilize Cataract’s GEN functions to set up completely generative evolving phrases.
Cataract includes two scanners, each of which are equipped with two sample slots. Each scanner includes two LFOs, a multimode filter, a multimode delay effect, a scan sequencer with windowing and dedicated LFO, a 3-Band graphic EQ, four dedicated randomizers, five MIDI triggered save states and a dedicated modulation matrix. Globally, Cataract features a crossfade-style morph section with its own dedicated X-MOD LFO, as well as three percentage-based randomizers that facilitate consistently compelling results with relative ease.
Glitchmachines CATARACT – Intro & Quickstart Video
Glitchmachines CATARACT – Walkthrough Video
To get you started, we included a collection of presets and over 130 new loops by sound designers Ivo Ivanov, Nicholas Yochum and Daed. In the interest of maximizing Cataract’s broad potential, we’ve also included a sample pack consisting of 200 brand new Foley and synth sound effects exclusively designed for this plugin by Ivo Ivanov.
When you’re ready to extend the plugin’s sonic palette, check out our numerous Macropacks, Libraries and FREE Nanopacks which will provide you with exciting new aural landscapes to traverse. Of course, Cataract also works with all of your existing samples. No matter what you throw at it, Cataract will inspire creativity and exploration.
• 2 monophonic scanner modules with dual sample slots
• Integrated modulation and scan sequencers
• 2 LFOs per scanner with dedicated modulation matrix
• 1 Multi-mode filter per scanner
• 1 Delay effect per scanner
• 3-Band graphic EQ per scanner
• Extensive global and per-scanner randomization tools
• Morphing section with dedicated X-MOD LFO
• Dynamic color-coded user interface
• Sample pack with over 130 new loops and 200 new sound effects
• Presets from Ivo Ivanov, Nicholas Yochum and Daed
• Cross-platform compatibility (PC/Mac – VST/AU 32bit & 64bit)
• Broadband Internet connection for product download
• Display with minimum 1024X768 screen resolution
• VST/AU host such as Ableton Live, Logic Pro, etc.
• Approximately 1 GB of hard drive space
• Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (PPC not supported)
• Windows Vista or higher
• Minimum 2 GB RAM
• CPU with SSE2 support
• Minimum recommended CPU: Core 2 Duo, 2GHz
CATARACT v1.1 AU VST WiN MAC